Get Your Skin Glowing
Author: Courtney x Date Posted:2 October 2014
As a makeup artist, I am very fortunate to work for a chemical free skincare company, as we all know your makeup is only as good as the skin you apply it to. So, first things first: use quality skincare.
I always advise my clients to invest time in an at-home skincare regime. I’d recommend exfoliating twice a week with a gentle exfoliating face cloth and using an oil/serum at night for extra nourishment. I use Hemp Hemp Hooray's organic, light exfoliating face cloth with Hemp Hemp Hooray's Cleansing Cream and Ultimate Face Oil (serum). It is important to remove dead skin cells and debris from the skin for a smooth canvas for makeup, and keep skin well nourished.
My goal is always to achieve striking eyes and flawless skin for every client - especially brides on their big day. So here are a few of my tricks to keep skin glowing.
1. Always use a primer! This will provide the perfect base for foundation and give extra staying power to the make-up.
2. For a healthy glow, mix an illuminator with a long lasting foundation. This works perfectly on a dry skin to give a dewy look and the makeup will last into the night. There's no need to powder the entire face (unless you have oily skin) so use a light setting powder in the t-zone only to keep the shine at bay. Prepare skin early, Start a moisturising regime every night, a couple of months before your big day. I'd recommend Hemp Hemp Hooray's Daily Moisturiser.
3. It is important to add light and shade to the face so get contouring! (but remember don't be too heavy handed, you don’t want to look orange or dirty!!) I use matte bronzers or contouring powders to shape the cheek bones, forehead, temples and basically where ever the sun naturally hits your face first. (P.S. contouring is a great way to slim your nose - use a small brush and apply light stokes down the sides of the nose to the tip, not too much product please!) Now time to add light. Use a highlighting cream on top of cheekbones, brow bones, down centre of nose and cupids bow - this makes lips appear fuller.
4. Keep your eyes natural with lashings of mascara for a feminine look. To help eyes appear bright and happy, keep a jar of Hemp Hemp Hooray's precious eye emulsion on your bedside table. Apply every night.
5. And remember, always highlight your best features.
Now you are event ready so get glowing!
Products listed in blog:
Cleansing Cream, Daily Moisturiser, Precious Eye Emulsion, Organic Hemp Face Cloth